Friday, March 8, 2013

If The Shoe Fits

Wow...I have certainly been MIA with my posts. Much like many things that get back put on the back burner so did my blog.
As I sit here snow falling to beat the band (again) I think about all the time that has passed since my last October post. As the cliche goes the more things change the more they stay the same. Since my last post we have finished the first half of our company season with 4 great performances of the Nutcracker. Nothing beats the feeling of a first time child audience member asking for a dancers autograph and seeing the admiration in her eyes. As the company goes we are now just 2 weeks away from production....CINDERELLA. I have a special fondness for this ballet because I have a clear memory of the moment I was first "lost" in the moment on stage. I had of course danced on stage and projected before and even been "in the moment" but never lost myself. It's hard to pin point how this particular role, this particular ballet and that time in my life brought that all out...perhaps it was just the intertwining of all these things. I had been close before in the role of Aurora but it was just out of reach for but this time I felt it. I remember during the 2nd Act just as the curtain opened with me sitting asleep at the table it happened. I felt the lights on me I heard the music I felt the music I even saw the audience but it was as if there was no one there I didn't worry about dancing for the audience I just Danced. 10 years have passed - I can't believe it! I am nervous and excited to be dancing Cinderella again.

No comments:

Post a Comment