Thursday, June 14, 2012

Here comes the break......gasp

Here comes the break I shudder at the thought Why???.....The last few weeks of our school year I have been pushing my girls....intense core work in jazz.....pointe upon pointe upon pointe.....to their tunes of "why do you hate us so much???"  after 100+ leg lifts and "wow I am terrible" upon completion of frappe with releve/on releve etc etc. It's big girl panty time I say over and over and you know what..............I LOVE IT!!! I love to see girls pushing to places they never imagined, love giving the opportunity to "younger" dancers to play with the "big girls" and the "big girls" the shocking realization that you have to keep pushing to reach new heights-there is always someone behind you who wants it just as bad if not more. Complacency is the curse of death. Well okay maybe not death but it is the curse of stale plateaued  dancing. Get out there and push yourself in class, on break, in life!


No comments:

Post a Comment