Friday, March 16, 2012

Learning to Fly

The other night while I was teaching I started thinking about how to get yourself to the place where you are still working on your technique but not dancing as a technician.I can see all my students dissecting themselves in the mirror and agonizing over that releve arabesque that was just not quite square and think....ahhh they are missing the beauty and passion of the moment. Then-it happens, even if just for a brief moment the dancer feels it! She moves through technique not forcing technique. Part of me goes back to the great Merce Cunningham quote " The only way to do it, is to do it". Maybe it is that simple! Maybe we all make it to be so much harder than just that.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to be apart of your new blog..
    Go get em girl!!!!
    Will check in daily for my daily Roshism!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete